Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Baby, I KNEE-d you

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Baby, I KNEE-d you

Hank and I spent a romantic evening last night at the emergency room. We were at a church softball game and Hank was about to throw the ball from left field to home for an out. When he reared back to throw the ball, he planted his right leg, then collapsed. His knee gave way under him. Here I was on the sidelines trying to hide a giggle, because I thought he had just tripped and he was in serious pain! Well, we didn't learn much at the ER, other than he didn't have any broken bones, so we are headed to an orthopedic doctor this afternoon. Hank says he is pretty sure he tore something because he and one of his teammates heard a tearing noise... and no one turned up with split pants. Ha! Anyway, both kids went to mom's house. I know it sounds funny, but we really did spend some good time together at the ER. We talked about anything and everything to keep his mind off of his knee. We held hands and talked like we were dating again. I loved it. When we got home, he actually let me take care of him (which he doesn't like to do, but I love to!). I actually had to threaten his life to get him to be still today while I went into work to get everything organized! He wanted to fold clothes or something and I told him to chill! I sure do love him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home