Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Home v. Work- The rivalry continues!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Home v. Work- The rivalry continues!

Work is a necessary evil to just about every working mom I know. I do enjoy a certain sense of accomplishment that comes with a job well done, and contributing to our household needs and bills. But my desire is to stay at home with our children and take care of our family needs. Especially in this day and age, when children are thrust into adult situations at an unreasonably young age. I want to be able to concentrate on my children and teaching them manners, morals, ethics... and not just pray that they absorb it from church on Sundays. I want to be hands on. Now, my husband and I try very hard to do these things with the limited time we get at home as a family. But we both know it would be better if there was a concentrated effort every day.
I can't complain much about my job. I work as an office manager for my dad's plumbing business. So if I or any of my family members has a doctor's appointment or is sick, arrangements can be made fairly easily. And I get to bring my oldest son to work with me just about every day. A mixed blessing on most days. It's hard to do either job well sometimes. I feel like I have to divide my time and energy up constantly! But blessed we are! And we know it.
I especially feel out of the loop on my youngest son, sometimes. I got to bring my oldest to work with me from infanthood up to present day. Bryant (my youngest) had several problems the first 3 months of his life (collic, reflux, constant ear infections), and I could not bring him with me. So I miss a good bit of his days. He is such a loving little cutie these days and I hate to miss out on any one of his accomplishments!
I just keep on trucking on, resting in the knowledge that God knows my desires. And His timing is perfect. I keep going back to my favorite verse in Colossians 3:23... "Whatever you do, do it with your whole heart; as unto the Lord and not for man."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home