Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Two Things Happened

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Two Things Happened

So two big things happened this weekend. First, Hank went in on Friday and had a vasectemy!! He was very nervous but said afterwards that it wasn't nearly as bad as he had anticipated. I'm sure it had something to do with the painkiller they gave him! When the nurse called me back and was going over some things, Hank kept talking, and talking, and talking!! I finally had to say, "Okay, Hank. Let the lady talk!" He thought everything was a little funnier than it really was and would just start laughing. And that would make me start laughing too. The whole procedure took less than an hour from the time he signed in to the time we left. When we left the hospital parking deck, he called his parents. He told him that now that he was no longer a stud, he could "go valaganting around." Then he paused and got a puzzled look on his face, and said, "That's not right, is it? Galavant... I mean galavant!" Then he started laughing hysterically! I took him to get something to eat, and then we went to pick up Tres from school. While we were waiting on Tres, Hank was listening to Jox, a local sports radio talkshow. One of the hosts was talking about how he was counting down to having a vasectemy and was scared to death. Hank starts grabbing for my cell phone, and DIALS IN!!! While he's dialing, all these other callers are talking about how they had the procedure done 10 years ago... 13 years ago... or a doctor calls in. When Hank finally got through, he told the lady that he had had a vasectemy less than a hour ago, and they PUT HIM RIGHT ON THE AIR! Hank tells the guy that it wasn't that bad. He said, "I'm in my wife... I mean, I'm in the van with my wife right now and I'm fine." The sports guy says, "Now there's a huge slip up!" After they chatted with Hank for a while, they asked to talk to me. They asked me if I was pleased with the results... and I told them honestly, that I wasn't able to tell right then, as I had not seen or experienced the results! At any rate, it was funny! Brett, my brother-in-law (Tonnie's husband) called us laughing hysterically and said he almost ran off the road when he heard Hank on there. Hank is recovering well, though. He spent a good bit of time yesterday with a bag of Bird's Eyes frozen peas on the 'area.' But he's just a little sore today. Brett said there's a way to hear it on their website... but I couldn't find it. If and when I do, I'll make every effort to get it on here! :) You better believe it!

The second thing is this: WE GOT OUR HOUSE!!! Thank you, Jesus! They accepted our offer, and we will be closing by the end of November. God is good people. We got it for way less than they were hoping to get. And with a few improvements and an addition of a bathroom, we will be adding some serious equity to our new home!!! THe best part to me is that it is located literally 3 minutes from the elementary school that I wanted my kids to attend! Did I already say GOD IS GOOD!!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

AWE! That is awesome Jamie. I'm so happy for you guys!!! Can't wait to see all your pics of the fun things I know you'll be doing with a new house.

Better yet....can't wait to hear the audio clip!!!

6:22 PM  
Blogger dana said...

congratulations on the house... I really want one too (that we own, not renting). And I don't know Hank, but that sounds hilarious.... I would be in tears if that was Aaron, he just doesn't get goofy. Loved the stories, and I will be looking forward to the clip too : )

7:10 AM  
Blogger Amy Lee said...

What wonderful news about the house! That's awesome!

And you have got me in tears over Hank's surgery! I can't quit laughing. That's hilarious! I REALLY hope you can get the clip on here.

12:18 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Hilarious!!!!
I hope we get to hear that clip.

CONGRATS JAMIE!!! On the house! God is faithful.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

OH....and Congratulations on the house!!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

SO, can we move in with Mom and Dad Morrison? (I think it is our turn now!)

11:22 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

Great news on the house...

Oh the adventures of the V word. Too funny.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home