Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Party Madness!!!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Party Madness!!!

Tres had his birthday on Saturday. He was very specific about what he wanted this year. He wanted a Star Wars/Hershey Bar/Bowling party. So we did our best to incorporate all three. Here's the 'Birthday Jedi' as we kicked off the fun at the bowling alley around 11:30. We let the kids bowl for an hour. Here is Sierra taking her turn. It was a lot of fun. We had then put the bumpers up and let the kids go to town. Audrey was giving Bryant a few pointers on his bowling techniques here! There were other birthday parties going on and since one of them happened to be a Cosmic Bowling party, our party was too! The kids had fun dancing to the music and seeing the disco balls as they bowled with their glow-in-the-dark balls! Tres was helping Bryant cover his ears here. Bryant said it was too loud! They all had a lot of fun cheering for one another. I honestly can't remember who won (although I'm sure the kids do), but I know everyone seemed to have a great time.After the bowling bonanza, we headed back to Mom's house for pizza, presents, and cake.The pizza was good... but the cake was a whole different story!! I had found a silicone cake mold in the shape of a Hershey Bar as well as a cupcake mold in the shape of Hershey Kisses. They were on clearance a while back, so I grabbed them thinking I had found the perfect cake idea for Tres's party! Well, on Friday I thought I better give them a trial run. The first time through, they tasted great, but came apart when I took them out. So later that night, I tried again... and this was the result:Hard as bricks, and burnt black. I followed the directions and even took them out earlier than the previous ones. The ONLY good thing about them was that they actually came out of the molds cute. So, we ran to Publix the morning of the party and bought a blank sheet cake and decorated it ourselves. I was bummed though! I like to make their cakes for them.He didn't care! After that it was on to presents. He was super excited to get Star Wars Lego sets, but I think his favorite gift was a Nintendo DS! After that the kids played for a while before parent's started showing up. In keeping with the themes of the party, each guest got a goody bag with a Hershey Bar inside, as well as some little Star Wars stuff!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRES-MAN'!!

I didn't get a birthday cake! :(

11:05 AM  
Blogger dana said...

Awesome party mama. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRES!!!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home