Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: This and That

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, October 14, 2005

This and That

I don't have much to say today! This has been a killer week for me! Just busy and stressful and a little too full of drama for my taste... thankfully it is coming to a close. Over halfway through with the day! Yeah!
It looks like my brother Matt and his wife Kayla will be parents soon. Kayla went in today for her 40 week check-up. Her due date is tomorrow. She is 1 1/2 centimeter and I don't know how much effaced, but a pretty good bit. Her doctor stripped her membrane and sent her to do a good bit of walking today. Her doc told her it looks like Tyler will be about 8 pounds and he is in position for his arrival. Matt is too funny. He is so excited and nervous. I can't wait to see him as a daddy. It makes me get a little teary eyed. But until that baby comes, it's Kayla Watch 2005.
I went to lunch with my Mom today. If you have ever been to lunch with my Mom, you know you always end up eating Mexican. Her favorite is the Cozumel Grill in Pelham. I have yet to find something there I like, but to each his own. I filled up on tea and chips. The boys always eat well on rice and beans and quesadillas.
I really want to spend some time cleaning tonight and tomorrow morning. I always feel better when my house is clean or at least parts of it are. It's not messy now, but it's not clean either. So I gotta get busy tonight!
Tomorrow I plan on spending part of my day with my friend Jennifer. I didn't get to go out with her for her birthday, so I'm gonna take her somewhere (probably cheap, and she understands!) and then we are gonna I think just cruise around the mall and stuff for a while. Just hang. I rarely get to do that with her! I will be bringing one of my munchkins with me, probably Bryant since he's a little easier to deal with out and about!
I've been working on music more and more. I was driving home from practice last night and was thinking about my dad. I was also thinking about the fact that 2 of the members of 'el have lost their fathers... one to cancer and the other to a sudden heart attack. And I began to hum and play around with a tune. Before I knew it, it had taken shape. I'm still working on the wording, but it sort of sounds like a lullaby.
I also just finished a song about living every day like it was Sunday. An idea my husband gave me. It's pretty catchy and fun to sing.
I feel like God is teaching me how to stretch these creative muscles again. I have been in a season of my life where I have had to take care of business, so to speak. I have been content taking care of my family and working. While I'm certainly the most fulfilled when my family is well taken care of, I am beginning to feel that old itch to write and be creative. I'm enjoying it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home