Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Love Letters

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Love Letters

I watched a movie on July 4th called Love Letters. It is based on a play. It totally brought back memories! For my 14th birthday my mom and dad got us tickets to go see the play 'Love Letter' at the Alabama Theatre. So mom, dad, Tonnie, and I all got dressed up. I remember getting ready and feeling so grown-up. I even borrowed a fur jacket from my Aunt Mary. I wore a purple Sunday dress with gold oblong buttons down the front. The play starred Stephanie Powers and Robert Wagner. I remember loving the storyline up until the end. I also remember this was the first conscious memory I have of hearing the f-word used in a theatrical production. I was shocked! Anyway, I loved it. The whole experience was intoxicating! So much so, that I have been innumerable times to the Shakespeare Festival. When I worked at 33/40 (a local TV station) I went to the Birmingham Broadway Series religiously. That is also why I am so excited about going to see the Lion King in September with my husband (my mother's day present)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home