Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Sunday

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Sunday

Sunday was a bit nerve racking for me! I got to church early, and we ('el) did a sound check... which only made me more nervous! I don't usually get nervous, but for some reason, the thought of singing at my home church gave me butterflies! I went to Sunday school, and Hankie surprised me by coming (he got to sleep in, since the boys were at mom & dads). Then it was church time. What a great service!! Praise and worship was phenominal! Then it was time for 'el to sing. It was a wonderful experience. I was nervous at first, but then I just focused on the words and giving God honor and praise through these songs. We sang Almighty God (Parachute Band) and Breath On Me (Natalie Grant). Both songs sounded good, I thought. But the one that seemed to minister the most was an a cappella hymn. We sang a brieg arrangement of "I Need Thee." I am getting chills just thinking about it. After we sang, Pastor Tim (youth pastor and music minister) called us over and prayed God's anointing over us as we pursued this dream. What a moment! We were all overwhelmed.
After church Hank and I took the boys straight home to get naps because we had a 2:20 appointment at Portrait Innovations. I will post those pictures as soon as I get a chance today. It went fairly well. Tres never actually took a nap, so he was a handful... but we came away with some really good pictures and a lighter wallet! We spent more than we had anticipated, but feel it was worth it! We will definitely be going back for Tres's 3 year pictures. I think they took something like 73 pictures and we picked the best ones. They had them ready to go for us in 30 minutes! It was great to actually walk out with what you paid for!
After that, we headed back towards home. The guys dropped me off at Tonnie's house. From there I went with Tonnie, my mom, Jennie, Kelly, Hope, Megain, Aunt Faith, and Aunt Mary for a girl's night out! We went to Michael's over in Lee Branch. It was all right. I don't think I'll ever go back there. Then we went and saw 'The Perfect Man.' That was a cute movie! Then it was home and bed!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

You guys did so great! I told David that it sounded like a c.d. instead of people performing live-

4:10 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

I totally forgot about it...Crud! Let me know when ya'll are singing again somewhere.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home