Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: I'm Eatin Horse Food!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, June 06, 2005

I'm Eatin Horse Food!

The lay-out at work is as follows: My office through a doorway straight into Tres's playroom through a doorway straight into the kitchen. Tres knows that the kitchen is off limits... I even have a child lock on the set of cabinets that has cleaners under it. But sometimes he conveniently 'forgets' the rules.
Last week, I heard him wake up from his nap. He turned on his TV and I heard him start playing. I called out to him to see if he needed a snack and he says "No, mama... I'm eating horse food!" I thought he was pretending.
I got busy with a phone call. When I got off the phone, Tres came into my office with a mouth full of something. I hadn't opened any food for him, so I was instantly alert.
"What are you eating Tres-man?"
"Horse food, mama."
I noticed that his horse food had a distinct Mexican aroma.
"Show me," I say.
He takes my hand and leads me into his playroom.
Strategically placed around the perimeters of the room, are neat little piles of rice. There was leftover Mexican food in the fridge and Tres had decided to help himself.
He runs over to an old rocking horse that he has dragged to the middle of the room.
"See, Mama," he says as he pushed the horses nose down into the rice, "horse food!"
It's hard to discipline when you are laughing the whole time you are cleaning up rice piles!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute story....I like your blog.....my favorite is this one...Here is a picture from the same year in All-State Drama. From left to right: Jeremy King, Jamie (Morrison) Boemer, Traci (King) Tidmore, & Matt Tidmore. I think this was banquet night! Jeremy and I decided to go together since we didn't have dates! Right after the drama tour, Israel Jane and I dated until he went to Southeastern Bible College. I know, I know... everybody dated him!

9:10 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Jamie...I am cracking up! You got caught! 2 Funny! I'm glad you're reading these blogs Izzy!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Hey! I ain't ashamed of my past!! I was just one of many "Israelites!"

7:24 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

UM.......... thats scary.... you never know who's reading your blog! Forget horsefood... jamie's eating crow now!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jamie, you turkey. it took me about ten minutes to fully register who you are how you would know me. i have a memory like an elephant that's lost its memory.

thanks for subscribing to my site! (and for thinking i'm witty). i'm glad you found me!

-becca

9:08 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

How am I eating crow?? I'll admit I laughed out loud when I read his comment. Not because I was caught in a lie, it just caught me off guard. Funny stuff!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL- hey everyone. Wow I have been reunited with so many people from my past through these blogs and Xanga....it's great.
Also I didn't date THAT many people. And who is Jen do I know her?

Well I will be checking on here periodically. Glad you found my Xanga:)

7:58 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Jen is Jennifer Jones, Izzy. John Jones (a coach at Kingwood) daughter. She is 2 or 3 years younger than me... so she's like... ummm 7 or 8 years younger than you?

8:08 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

hahahaha!!! Did he know her??? If she wasn't so young he might have dated her too! JUST KIDDING... we love you Izzy!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home