Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: I Never Realized...

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Saturday, June 04, 2005

I Never Realized...

You know how you can know something about someone, but it's like one day, it becomes really crystalized in your head or something... kind of like the thought is just floating around in your head and finally lands?
Well, that's what happened last night. My husband and I went out, just the two of us. We rarely get to do that with no kids, so we tried to take advantage of it.
While we were eating, he starts to tell me about how frustrated he is at work... not because he doesn't like his job... but because some of his co-workers don't seem to care about how they do their jobs.
He then launches into a VAST ARRAY of ideas to motivate employees, reduce the use of sick/vacation/personal time, boost viewership (he works at a local TV station), and increase the stations presence in the community. I was blown away!
I think for the last three years or so we have been so consumed with out family life (or maybe I have been the one so wrapped up in it?) that I somehow overlooked my husbands creative drive.

I have always known that he does things with excellence. He is a hard worker. He is loyal to his company. He goes in almost anytime they call. He can be relied on in stressful situations. He is good with his co-workers and often acts as a liason to management. I have always been proud of him.

But last night, I could see him being so much more. He would be an excellent manager... he would be a good boss. He would be a great idea man. He has been discouraged because every time he presents ideas... someone shoots them down before he can even finish the thought.

My only advise for him was to take to someone he knows will listen... human relations, the station manager, someone... either verbally or in writing. All I can do now, is pray. And I know he is doing the same.

Thank you God for my husband. Thank you for the good and honorable man he is. Thank you for the creative mind You have given him. Thank you for BLESSING him at work. Thank you for giving him favor with authority. I committ my husband and his work situation into Your hands. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home