Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: The Midnight Hour

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, June 03, 2005

The Midnight Hour

WE have been trying to get Tres to adhere to a bedtime of 9pm. I get home from work anytime between 5:15 and 6 with both boys. I get them fed, let them play, then it's bathtime before daddy gets home around 7-7:30 so they can play with him for a little bit. Bryant heads to bed no later than 8, and he goes down great. I lay him down and he is out for the count. We have a COMPLETELY different story with Tres. He gets to play or watch a video in the den until 9. Then it's brush teeth and into bed. Last night... he was in bed, but would not go to sleep. He kept seeing one of us pass by his room and would call to us or start crying. He wanted a "drink, a book, lay down with me!" Finally at quarter to midnight I went in there and laid down with him and he went to sleep. I am trying an earlier nap today, and I am going to wake him early the next couple of mornings. Hank and I have just discovered that our house runs better if we set time limits. By 9pm, I'm off duty. I get to relax, watch tv, spend time with hubby, or blog (still addicted!). Often you will still find me folding laundry, putting it away or something like that... but we have just both realized the importance of ADULT TIME!! Just a little time to be Jamie and Hank. I'll let you know if the earlier nap and early rise and shine work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home