Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Discipline

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, June 24, 2005

Discipline

My boys are my world!!! Along with my husband. But I have to admit... this week has kicked my butt. We have been having discipline issues with Tres (our nearly 3 year old). I hear a lot of the following:
"I don't want you, I want daddy."
"I don't want to eat dinner/take a bath/pick up my toys..."
"Bryant did it!"

And if he doesn't get his way, you hear about it in screams, fits, etc.
Although I realize this is just a phase or a stage... I really want to be sure and handle it correctly! We are setting a precedent here for Bryant and any future Boemer babies to come. We spank, and send to rooms, and take away favorite toys, etc, etc, etc. Any suggestions from veteran moms? If you're gonna bash us, though, don't comment! :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

Sounds to me that you are doing all the right things. I believe in spanking and sending to the room. The only thing with the room is that now days their rooms look like Toys R Us. The comment I hate to hear people say is "Well, boys will be boys!" That's a crock!!

1:38 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Well I know that I'm not a parent, but consistency is KEY. If you say NO once, then that should be it. And all authority should stick with it. One of my pet peeves is, "Do you wanna spanking, time out, etc?" Or "If you do that 1 more time..." And the kid does it again & the person say, "If you do that 1 more time...." And then there is no consequence.
When I was teaching, I had a very well behaved class, because I didn't let them get by with anything. They knew how far they could go with me, which wasn't very far. Not saying at all you let your boys get away with stuff. I just was venting a sec. LOL. I believe you are doing a good job, but what would kids be if they didn't test you? If they don't test they don't learn.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Thank you Jamie very much for the supper last night. It was a most unexpected and very thnkful surprise. I LOVE pizza. Love ya!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I agree with Crystal, consisteny is the key. I know with Jessica I was the ONLY one that would discipline her so I felt like the bad guy. I've heard my sister say to Zac, one more time over and over again and NOTHING be done. They even laugh at him... I know sometimes things are funny but this is a constant thing with them... he doesn't know when to be serious. Matthew and I stopped going out to eat with them b/c he was an embarrassment and nothing about it was relaxing... we'd spend the whole time sitting there fumming at the things he would do. My sister says 'boys will be boys' but she's wrong!

I could go on and on about this but i'm going to step down off my soap box :)

Nanny 911 is big on time out... i don't know that i've ever tried it but heck i might give a shot with Darcy.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Wow, I am still in that phase of child rearing!! Sounds like to me you are doing a great job. Just keep going!! They will definitely catch on and begin to realize that bad behavior = consequence. Keep up the good job Jamie!!

8:49 PM  
Blogger native-nc said...

Try reminding Tres that he is a "big" boy/brother & that he can teach Bryant the right way to do things. That sometimes motivates the oldest child; knowing that someone else is watching what they do.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home