Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Father's Day Weekend Extravaganza!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, June 20, 2005

Father's Day Weekend Extravaganza!

We spent a full weekend celebrating the fathers in our lives! Well, we actually spent time with Mr. B last weekend and gave him a gift then. But anyway, Friday night, we had a nice evening. I cooked us dinner... pork tenderloin (so good!), green beans, pasta, and crescent rolls. And then Tres and I made Hank his favorite dessert, chocolate covered Ritz crackers with peanut butter. Then we just chilled out and played at home.
Saturday, I locked the bedroom door when I heard Bryant wake up and closed it behind me, to let Hank sleep in as long as he could. While he slept, the boys and I put together his present. We got him a lot of his favorite treats... ranch Dorito's, peanut M&M's, Almond Joys, pistacios, etc. But his big gift (actually Father's Day/Birthday) was a cordless drill by DeWalt. He was so happy! He has been working on Tres's birthday present (he is building him a Thomas the Train table) and has been complaining about his old one being a piece of C-R-A-P, so I took a hint and made a trip to Lowe's. We topped off the bag with a homemade card that Tres and I made. I printed out a few pics of Hank on a regular printer in black and white, cut them and pasted them on a piece of construction paper, then Tres colored them! It turned out really cute!
By the time Hank got up, we had his gift ready. I also had made a light breakfast of cinnamon toast and bacon. So we ate that and then Hank opened his gift, which he loved! Yeah!
So then we did some everyday stuff like mowing the lawn and grocery shopping. Then we loaded up and went to Del Toro, Hankie's restaurant choice. Then we helped the boys make my dad a Father's Day card and tried to get them to take a nap (unsuccessfully!)... Hank went to play with his gift, and after the boys laid around for an hour or so without sleeping, I got them up and ready, and we headed over to my parent's house for a grill out and pool party with my fam. That was a lot of fun. We grilled out shrimp and pork chops and steaks and corn on the cob. And we had pasta and baked beans and bread. It was all really good!
Sunday we went to church and then went out to Outback. Then we went home and caught a nap. After we woke up, we took the boys to the park for about an hour, then home for baths, supper, playtime, then finally bed! A very good weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger native-nc said...

Sounds like a very fun, family weekend!

6:26 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

I love love love Del Toro. It's one of my most fav places to eat. I missed it SO bad when I was in Cali. And every time I came home to visit, I had to eat there.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home