Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Mark Your Door

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Mark Your Door

I wrote a song yesterday. I know to some of you, this probably may not seem extraordinary... but this was such an experience for me. God had really breathed life into this song. I have been obsessing lately with the Passover. Anyway, that is what the song centers around. I have studied the story of the Israelites in just about every translation possible for the past month or so. I was even having dreams about plagues. I was and am intrigued with the thought of one simple act of obediance preserving your legacy. Yesterday on my way to work, lyrics started rolling around in my head. After I got everyone out the door for the day, I took Tres outside. I got him settled playing with his Buzz toys and sat down to some serious writing. It just flowed out in about 30 minutes... it just came together!! I was literally shaking when it was done. It's called 'Mark Your Door.' I sent it to the girls of 'el and they all feel it is anointed! It's rough and needs some work, but hopefully this one will make it to our first or second album.

I am so excited because, I can write all day. But when you know that God has given you something, you want to shout it to the world!! So, this is me shouting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

WOW! Congratulations. I can't wait to hear it. I want to be one of the first to get a CD.

3:06 PM  
Blogger native-nc said...

What a fantastic experience!!! I haven't got a creative bone in my body. God is so awesome!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Good Job... can't wait to get the CD!

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home