Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: My Pal

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

My Pal

Tres and Bryant are becoming your typical brothers these days. They play great together for a while.... then one or the other decides he wants what the other has. They do a sort of wrestling ritual on the floor nightly, and it usually ends with Bryant upset or pulling Tres's hair!
You should have seen Tres when he and Hank came home from Disney. I had cooked them all supper since they had been eating nothing but junk and take-out for over a week. I was holding Bryant and feeding him. Tres was already done and standing at my knee. He stood there for about 10 minutes asking "Is he done? Can Bryant get down and play? Is he done yet?" It was really sweet!
They mimick each other constantly! They shake their heads or copy noises. Sometimes it's annoying, but mostly it's cute and funny.
For some reason, Tres calls his little brother Bryant Boemer all the time... not Bryant or brother... but Bryant Boemer.
Yesterday, we were riding home from work and Tres and Bryant were in the back. I see them 'talking' to each other. So I turn down the radio and listen.

"You're my pal," Tres says, and reaches across to take Bryant's hand.
Bryant laughs and pulls his hand away.
"No, you ARE my pal," he tries again.
"Duh," Bryant chimes.
"Who's your pal, Tres?" I interject.
"He is, Momma," Tres says as he points to Bryant. "Bryant Boemer is my pal."

I hope that is always true! I grew up with my sibling as my best friend and feel so blessed. Not only do I have a sister, but an awesome, God-given, praying, encouraging, word of God speaking friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home