Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Busy, Busy, Busy!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, December 19, 2005

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Man, this time of year literally zooms by!! It's all a flurry of parties, presents, paper, and lights! So much fun. But sometimes I just want to slow down.
Last Saturday, I got up with the chickens, dragged Bryant out of bed and met my Mom to at 5:30 am to get to shopping! It was fun, but tiring. Bryant had a blast!
On Tuesday, we met my good friend Kelly Willis at the mall to exchange gifts and have dinner. We took the boys to see Santa with mixed results. It was kind of funny... If you asked Bryant if he wanted to see Santa, he would say "Yeah." Then when he even glimpses that white head of hair and beard... Oh, Lord!! He is terrified. Maybe next year they'll both be excited! I bought the package anyway, cause I think it just documents where they each were this year so well!
On Thursday, Hank and I got some free passes to see "Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe." I thoroughly enjoyed it, but Hank had to leave early cause he got called back into work.
On Saturday, my dad's company, The Neighborhood Plumber, had a company party. So Hank and I got a terrific sitter (Thanks Crystal!), and went kid-free!! It was at Olive Garden, so that was even better! Then Hank and I finished up all the little itty-bitty things like stockings, and gifts for each other at the mall.
On Sunday, I got up with the chickens again, and got Tres ready for a day trip with my parents. They picked him up at 6:00 am to go to my dad's mom's house in Florida for the day. Tres got to play with some cousins he had never met. Since we missed church, Hank, Bryant, and I ate a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel and did some stuff around the house. Then Tres got home around 8, and we called it a night shortly thereafter.
Today, I feel like all the running around is catching up with me... and we still have a week of festivities to go! I never thought I would say this... but I am ready for the normalcy of regular non-holiday living! :) I still love Christmas... and especially the daily reminder that our Savior came to earth to save us!! I'm just tired!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home