Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: And the days after...

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

And the days after...

The day after Thanksgiving was good too! My dad let me answer the phone from home, so I did laundry and packed our bags up and just got everything situated. We took Hank to work at 3, so we could just pick him up at 7 and hit the road for Nashville to visit with his entire family! After we dropped him off, I took the boys over to the Wal-Mart Pharmacy and talked to the Pharmacist about Bryant's eyes. She said we would have to have a prescription to clear up pink eye. So we tried to go and see the optomitrist at Wal-Mart with no luck. SO once again, I prayed over my boys and took them home, loaded our bags, gave them both baths and we went and picked up daddy.

We got to Nashville at about 10 pm. The kids were so excited to see us! And everyone got wound up again! They started playing and laughing. The two oldest girls are getting so grown-up. Training bras, make-up, just the right clothes, etc. It just happens so fast nowadays. Anyway, we finally got them all settled down about 11:30. Each family got a bedroom, so all four of us stayed in the computer room, which was set up with a crib and a full size bed. I am one of the taller members of the family, so my feet were hanging off the end of the bed and I kept hitting the crib with my feet and startling Bryant! It was tough at night, cause Tres would wake up hacking. We would pat him on the back and give him a drink of water and snuggle him until he was back aslepp. Bryant would start crying when he got woken up, and the second night ended up in bed with us too.

Bryant got to play with most of his cousins. His eyes were still crusty, and I was giving him cold and cough medicine, but because he was sick, he didn't really get to play with his cousin Heather who is only 3 weeks older than him. SHe is a cutie! This was only the third time I had seen her! Blonde curly hair, big blue eyes, long eye lashes, and sassy! But so sweet!

We went shopping at the Opry Mills OUtlet malls. I picked up Power Ranger costumes for both boys. Regularly they are $30 plus dollars. I got them for $9 a piece! I also did some shopping for Hankie! It was fun, but chaotic at the mall. We ate at the Rain Forest Cafe, which is good but loud. Every half hour or so, mechanical monkies go crazy. This scared Heather so bad her mom had to take her to the bathroom for a while. After that, they covered her eyes and ears everytime the monkies started up! Hank and boys stayed at the Boemers house and played with some of the cousins. That was nice! I hardly ever get to shop without anyone with me!

That night, all the cousins exchanged gifts. That was fun. Tres was feeling terrible, and telling us that his ears were hurting. But once the paper and bows started flying he was miraculously recovered! Each of my boys got an outfit and a toy from Betsy and her crew. Tres got a (slightly used) Gameboy from his aunt Jackie along with several games. Bryant got a (slightly used) electronic car from his aunt Jackie! Both of these presents could not have been a bigger hit!! After presents everyone called it an early night. Betsy and family and Jackie and family left at 5 am on Sunday morning to get back to their homes at a reasonable hour (They each live 8 hours away).

Hank and I helped his mom get her house back in order. We made beds, scrubbed baths, swept stairs, vacuumed rugs, etc. I like helping Mrs. Boemer. She never asks, but she's always grateful. Then Hank and I got ready and we went out by ourselves for a while. We went to Target and shopped around a bit. Went to a smaller, more local mall and shopped around separately, then we headed back to the Boemers, where we ate turkey sandwiches, loaded the van and headed home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Thanksgiving seemed to be very busy, yet, relaxing for you. I am so glad you and Hank were able to spend some one-on-one time together. You guys deserve it. I'm also glad the boys had so much fun with their family.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home