Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Twas the night before Thanksgiving...

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Twas the night before Thanksgiving...

The day before Thanksgiving was definitely a full day! Hank and I both had work. And work the day before Thanksgiving is always hectic. I can't tell you how many times I heard, "I have company coming/here/on the way, and I need my garbage disposal/toilet/main sewer line unstopped N-O-W!" Is it wrong to get a small measure of satisfaction at being able to say, "I'm sorry, our first available appointment is Monday morning," at the end of the day? We helped out so many emergency situations, and these people acted as if we had caused their plumbing issues!! Anyway, I was glad when the day slowed down after about 3. Just when I started to get lulled into a false sense of Holiday, Bryant's sitter calls and tells me that she things Bryant has pink eye!! So I make an immediate phone call to the pediatricians office, so if he needs an antibiotic, they can call it in on Wednesday since everything would be closed on Thursday. I got the after hours answering service. I left a message for the nurse to call me back, and she didn't... still waiting on that call. Anyway, I got home and picked up Bryant. Did all the normal stuff: baths, dinner, clean-up. Then made my grocery list. This year I was assigned the sweet potato casserole, carrot souffle, and a dessert for the Thanksgiving dinner, so I had to pick up the essentials. Hank got home, and we got the boys to bed, and just as he was about to go to the store for me, we get a call. Liz Wood (some of you may remember her as Elizabeth Wilson) is working with MTV on the show they are doing on Hoover High's football team. They had run out of a certain kind of tape, and needed some to get them through until Friday. They were going to be taping some of the football players on Thanksgiving Day to use in the show. So Hank runs around the house and gathers up all the tape that we have, and Liz and the MTV camera guy (his name was Phoenix) came over to our house. Hank gave them what he had, but it still wasn't enough. So Hank makes a few phone calls and gets Phoenix more than what he needs! Yeah! Hank saves the day! So if you guys happen to catch the MTV reality show on Hoover High School's football team... just know that without my husband, the Thanksgiving show wouldn't have happened! They gave us an MTV coffee mug and a T-shirt... and I tried very hard to get Phoenix to tell me what happens on 'Making The Band.' He totally copped out. He said he had signed a confidentiality contract. Liz told me later that he didn't work on Making THe Band... he actually works on 'Sweet Sixteen.' After all that, Hank still had to go to the store for me! Poor guy. He saved the day, then had to got hunt for brown sugar when there was none to be found!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Elizabeth Wilson... that had two younger sisters... the one that went to kingwood???? Does she work for MTV or what?

6:26 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a pretty hectic day. You always seem to get everything done in a timely manner, I don't see how you do it all, but you do! I'm glad it wasn't pink eye!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home