Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Milos and the great silky hunt

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, October 17, 2005

Milos and the great silky hunt

I got to spend some time Saturday with my good friend Jennifer. We just spent some time together while we did a little window shopping and dreaming. I picked up a couple of things off clearance racks for my boys for Christmas. Then we went and had diner at Milos. I love that place. Gotta have it with extra sauce and sweet tea! Jennifer shares this love of Milos, so it was fun. Hank doesn't like the sauce so I don't go there usually.

Also on Saturday, the boys and I spent the morning on the GREAT SILKY HUNT! Bryant had gone grocery shopping with me at the Super Wal-Mart in Calera and had insisted on bringing his silky inside. Sometime during the course of shopping, his silky (a green square of material with a silly frog head and a red bow-tie on it) slipped away. I realized almost immediately after we checked out that silky was MIA. So we retraced our steps... with no luck. I called customer service the next day, and still no silky. So we headed over there about 11, checked with customer service again, retraced our steps again... this time squatting down and searching under each aisle. Still no silkie. Bryant was riding the buggy the whole time calling... "ikkkieeee" with his paci in his mouth (no luck getting rid of paci when we can't find silkie!). So in desperation, I headed over to the baby secion. I found a couple of blanket looking things, but nothing that was even remotly close to silky. Then I spotted one little green velvety patch of blanket with a bear head. I showed it to Bryant, who lit up like a Christmas tree and said "ikkkiieee!" and immediately cuddled it to his face (I prayed that thing sanitary!). So for $4.88 plus tax, Bryant now has his security blanket it tow. Mommy no longer lets "ikkkiieee" leave the car for any reason other than to come into our house. Lesson learned!

Still no baby for my brother Matt and his wife Kayla. She spent the entire weekend trying to walk that baby out with no luck as of now. She goes in tomorrow for another check-up and if nothing has happened they will schedule a C-section.

I am so glad (at least to keep things at peace at the Boemer house) that Alabama won! Hope they can pick up the pace so to speak and play a little better this coming weekend! Speaking of, any one know a good sitter? I really want to go to the game with Hankie, since I've only gotten to make 1 of the games this year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

I am afraid of the same problem at my house with silky. I do not allow Bryant to take it outside and I highly discourage him to carry it around for fear that he will lose it.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home