Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Glad it's Monday!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, September 12, 2005

Glad it's Monday!

Whew! What a weekend. First of all, my dad did great in surgery. He's not the best patient, but he's making it! They actually didn't have to break his nose. And they ended up removing his uvula. But everything is good. He's talking a lot more normally today too. I know because he is still calling in to check on the business stuff. I wish this was the type of business he could just lay down completely until he was all better. He is so involved in every job though! It's tough trying to coordinate stuff without him.
Also on Friday night, I met Tonnie & Mom at Wal-mart to pick up baby shower supplies for my sister-in-law's shower. We were there until 12:30!
Then Saturday morning, Hank headed out early to tail-gate at the game. I was left at home with 2 handfuls named Tres & Bryant. Then I quickly discovered that Bryant had diahrea. My in-laws got in around noon, and I sent Tres with them to the game. He was so pumped to go! He helped me make cupcakes with sprinkles to take for his early birthday at the tailgate. Then I put him in his new Bama outfit. I will post pictures of him at the game later.
Bryant and I had a wonderful day together!! I never get one-on-one time with him, so I was thoroughly enjoying him. We played and laughed and ate, then we had to head back to Wal-Mart to pick up stuff we forgot the night before. When we got home, I fed him, bathed him, and put him to bed.
Crystal came over and we had such a good time just having a girl's night! We ate and talked and talked and ate, then we did out toenails and fingernails and we did a facial. We tried to watch Monster-in-Law, but we were talking too much, so I just let her borrow it! Then we watched Big Brother while we ate ice cream (Crystal's fav, Peanut Butter Panic-- so good by the way). Then we talked some more! It was so much fun! I really needed it, Crystal! By the way, he didn't notice... you know what I'm talking about!
Hank, Tres, and Mr. & Mrs. B got back from the game after 1, so needless to say I was already asleep!
Sunday came, and Bryant was still having some loose diapers, so I stayed at home from church. I did cook a big breakfast for the Boemers before they headed back to Nashville. Then I got ready, and headed to pick up the cake, corsage, balloons, and fruit tray for the shower.
It was a nice shower, but a lot of work! Kayla and Matt got a lot of nice things for Tyler. Kayla looks like she could deliver any day now instead of next month. She has dropped and is swollen. She says she's having a hard time sleeping and having back pain at odd times. We'll see.
After that, I headed home and gave Hankie the afternoon off. I cleaned the house and played with the boys. They were both down for the count by 8:30 due to no nap (Tres) and very short nap (Bryant). So when Hank came home, we got to just relax and spend time together. I was in bed by 10!!

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Wink Wink
I had a great time & I needed it too. :)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Wow! Sounds like you guys had a busy weekend. I am so glad your dad's surgery went well and I am also glad you got to get a breather by just keeping Bryant. He is so good, you have very sweet children.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home