Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Adventures in Potty Training!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Adventures in Potty Training!

So I wasn't sure this day would come for a while... but we started potty training Tres this past weekend. It was kind of a fluke thing. Saturday night I was changing his diaper and I noticed he looked like he needed to go pee-pee. So I asked him if he wanted to sit on the 'big boy' potty. He did... and he was so proud of himself. So we kept talking to him about it. And we asked him occasionally if he wanted to go sit on the potty. The next time he said yes was at home after church on Sunday. And this time he went #2! I never thought I could be so proud of someone for pooping... but I am. (Sidenote: I am kinda overlooking the fact that he pooped a little in the potty, a little on the carpet, and a little in his diaper. Baby steps, ya know?) Yesterday, he went pee-pee about 5 times, and poo-poo one time. After he went #2 this time, I was cleaning him up and he pointed into the potty and said "Look Momma, it's a sausage." Then he got a puzzled look on his face and asked, "Is it sausage?" I laughed and laughed. Hank took him to McDonalds last night as a treat for being such a big boy! I wonder how long it will take for me to feel confident enough to let him wear big boy underwear? Hmmm... probably a long time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home