Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Sophie's Room Make-Over

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Sophie's Room Make-Over

We have been talking about doing Sophie's room since Christmas. The little stinker never liked sleeping in a crib, so she was in the co-sleeper until about 2 months ago in our room. We went ahead and got her a full size mattress set and I started collecting little odds and ends that we planned to eventually use. This past weekend, we got a wild hair and actually put it all together and WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MADE!! It literally transformed her room into a little girl's dream room! And she LOVES to be in her big girl 'pin-siss' bed!

We picked up the canopy and the wall flower lights at IKEA for next to nothing! We've had them since Hank and I went to IKEA during volleyball season in February. The light switch is on the green cord that runs down the wall like the stem, so Soph can turn them off and on herself, which she likes. At night, we have to be stern with her to get her to leave them alone. And she loves the cocoon effect the canopy gives. I think it makes her feel cozy. We got the comforter from Wal-Mart for about $30. There is a sheet set to match, which I believe she will get for her second birthday in two months (please God! I'm waiting on that pause button!). We decided not to do a character theme, since we felt like these things could realistically be used for 7-10 years depending on her taste. Melanie sent these letters as a gift when Soph was literally my itty bitty! And we've had them on the wall ever since, but we gave them an upgrade as well.

We measured and blocked off a section of the wall, then went to Lowe's and got one of their sample cans of paint ($3) in pink. We painted it, then Hankie framed it out for me! It's on the wall you see when you walk in her room.
Then on the wall opposite where he bed is, her dresser sits with her princess TV set passed down from her cousin (we love cousin hand me downs!). We picked up the shelves and brackets and got a little organized... she has aquired two Holiday Barbies (or 'darbees' as Ava Sophia calls them), and I got out two of my collectibles that went with her room for the top shelf. The lower one holds a few decorative items a Minnie Mouse princess lamp and her DVD's. You can also see the organza type lavender curtain we hung up.

Add all of that to her little pink chair she got last year for her birthday and her dollhouse shelf and her room is complete!

Now we just want to add crown... well we want to do that to all the bedrooms, but those are projects for another weekend! :)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

very cute!!!

11:02 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

It looks so good! I love her propped up in her bed! So cute.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Becca Mae said...

Love it! SOOOOOOO cute!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Ok, so that is funny- I wonder if it is just a season or what but I have been redoing things this month too....it is tough to read your stuff because Soph seems so much older to me than Lil, as we treat her like a baby as much as possible and Soph is already in a BIG GIRL BED!!!! No way no how......but with that- I LOVE HER ROOM!! Her letters look so cute and we won't talk about the fact I still havent made Lily's- bought the letters before she was born but still havent made them. I think the canopy is my fav although those lights are adorable.

Good Job!!!!!!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Staci said...

I'm with MEL on the baby bed. Jack is still in a crib- and will stay in one for a long time- well not so long- considering he will be bumped out in a few months! LOL. He is older then both Ava or Lil. I love the pictures of the letters- seeing Ava so tiny brings back memories. Our babies are growing so fast. Her room looks GREAT! I hope we have our own place SOON so I can decorate- I'm itching to NEST and have not a branch to nest on!!!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home