Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Let the traditions begin!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, December 23, 2005

Let the traditions begin!

Tonight is the start of the many traditions that my family and the Boemer family does for Christmas. Tonight, Tonnie & I take my dad shopping for my mom. We started doing this so many years ago, I don't even know when it started. I just think it's so much fun! This year, we are taking Sierra with us.

Tomorrow morning, on Christmas Eve, my entire family will come together for breakfast at my mom's house. This is not a tradition, but it's what we'll do this year, since Hank & I head to Nashville. I am bringing a breakfast casserole and everyone else is pitching in. Then we are exchanging gifts with my family. After that, we hit the road to Nashville.

I am a little sad to miss out on Christmas Eve dinner at my grandparent's house. Every year it seems to get bigger and bigger. And we play a massive game of dirty Santa. And usually on Christmas Eve, we all open one present (pajamas) from my mom. I will most definitely miss my family, but I am excited about Christmas in Nashville.

Tres, Bryant, Grammy, and I are going to bake 'ingerbread' cookies for Santa. Complete with 'eyes and a bellybutton!' That is all according to Tres. Then we are going to put out reindeer food and drive around and look at Christmas lights. Once the boys are snoozing, we will set up Santa, then Hank and I are going to attend midnight mass. I am very excited about this. I can imagine it will be beautiful.

Sunday morning, we will read the Christmas story before we open presents (or we'll try to! Hard to explain to a 3 year old and a 1 1/2 year old that they can't open those presents they've been waiting on!). Then onto eating and visiting with family and friends.

Monday, we are gonna shop baby!!! And I have a list going of what I want to look for at the after Christmas madness. So much to look forward too!

I just don't want to loose sight of why we are celebrating. I want to remember that the lights and trees and presents are beautiful, but my Savior is the reason we celebrate! Thank you Jesus for dying on that tree so long ago. Thank you God for sending baby Jesus to redeem us. What an awesome present!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home