Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Who's Out There?

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Who's Out There?

So Monday afternoon, I had to forward the company phone to my cell and headed over to my parents house where they have a basement, just in case the storm got severe. I ended up staying there until around 9. We didn't see any damage at all at my parent's house or my house. In the neighborhood around my parent's house there were trees down on houses and trees split in half, but nothing that couldn't be repaired or hauled off thankfully. When I got home, I got Tres in bed and headed back into my room. As I was getting ready for bed, I hear what sounds like someone bringing my garbage can around the side of the house. It had been sitting out front when I brought Tres in. I thought Hank was at work and wouldn't be coming home until midnight or so. But just in case, I called his cell and asked if he had gotten off early and was at home. He wasn't and wanted to know why. I told him I thought someone was outside our house. He told me to turn on the flood light out back. Understand, the whole time this is going on, I am hearing things outside and am so jumpy! I tried to peer out my bathroom window, but when I peeked through the blinds, I couldn't see anything, and kept imagining someone staring right back at me, so I quickly closed them again.
I turned on the flood light and saw the cause of all the noise. We have a second garbage can out back, and because it was empty, it was being blown up and down our sidewalk! But it sure made me jumpy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

The same thing happened to us twice Monday night. One time it was our trash can, the other it was our little storage bin. Even though David was home, it was still scary!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

i'm glad i'm not the only one that freaks out over noises... glad it was nothing

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home