Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Memorial Day

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day

So Tres man woke us up this morning around 6 am screaming. I ran out into the den and he was standing in the hallway crying. I went to pick him up and smelled a HORRIBLE smell! I went straight to his room and turned on the light... and low and behold... there was a mess! He had had a severe diarhea diaper and it had gotten sooo far out of his diaper. It was a nasty mess to clean. And I felt so sorry for my poor baby having to wake up in that yuckiness!
Anyway, I got him cleaned up while Hank stripped his bed. Then I tucked him back into bed with Hank and I went back in and Lysoled and cleaned everything I thought was even close to it!!
Then I went and laid back on the couch until Tres woke me up again at 7:30 to tell me that he needed a new diaper. I went to change him and decided that he needed a bath. So in the tub he went. I cannot stand the thought of my children having germs on them!! I know I'm weird.
Anyway, I called his doctor's office at 8 on the off chance that they were open on Memorial Day... but no luck. I went ahead and left a message for a triage nurse to call us back. You see it has been a solid week of Tres having diarhea. I know we've had a bug, because Hank and I both had it, but this just seems abnormal. The nurse told us to try to load him down with breads and starches to try to thicken things up... and to get him some Gatorade to make sure he staid hydrated. Anyway, keep us in your prayers, because if he doesn't stop having messy diapers, we'll have to go in for blood work and they want to test his stool and all kinds of fun stuff.
Other than that, we've had a very laid back day. I had to go to the doctor for a check-up, then I came home and we played with the boys for a while. Then I put them both down for a nap and Hank and I also laid down. Then we headed over to my parent's house around 2. We were going to spend the day by the pool, but the rainy weather kind of postponed those plans! We did grill our hamburgers (big fat ones that Hank and I patted), hot dogs, french fries, corn on the cob, fresh peach cobbler, and homemade chocolate ice cream. Tres and Bryant played around the garage will we grilled out and then played around some more when we made the ice cream. Mom and I bathed Bryant and mom held him while I cut his hair (people were starting to call him a girl!). Then I tucked Bryant in at Grandma's, since he stays with her on Tuesdays, and Hank, Tres, and I headed home. Tres fell asleep on the way home, and now Hank and I have a very quiet house! Love it! Hope you all had a great day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

AWE... i'm sorry to hear about tres... poor baby.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Okay, Eric... your blog address is as follows:
http://bombaboy22.blogspot.com/
Probably spice101 is your log-in? So what's your password? :)

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home