Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Atchison Family ~ Please Pray!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, March 04, 2005

Atchison Family ~ Please Pray!

I have some friends Dan & Maria, who are being put through a trial right now. Their son, Josiah, is going through Chemotherapy to try and minimize a tumor at the base of his brain stem. Ever since I heard about this, I have been in prayer for them. Sometimes, you can pray for a need and feel a release from it... but this one I have not felt released from. I pray for them constantly. I see Tres running and playing and it reminds me that Dan's son is struggling with the side-effects of his treatment. I watch him walk into school... and I think about how I don't have to worry that if Tres catches a cold, it might develop into something more serious because his little immune system is weak. I live in anticipation of all the tomorrow's I will have with my children. Right now, Dan and Maria are praying that their miracle will come and restore the tomorrow's they had planned.
I am reminded of how my Heavenly Father must have felt, knowing his son would die to save us. But I know that my God is able to do EXCEEDINGLY more than we could EVER ASK or THINK. I firmly believe my God is in the business of performing miracles.
I know that God will allow Josiah to fulfill the purpose he was born for. I know that my MERCIFUL Savior is walking with Dan and Maria through this storm. I know that He is so very proud of His children for the faith and determination they have. He is there to hold them... He is there is give them rest... He is there to calm their frenzied spirits... He is there to help them understand all the medical jargon thrown at them on a daily basis. My God... their Comforter... is holding their hands as they pray diligently for order to restore in their little family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home