Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Hey Mom, Check this out!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Hey Mom, Check this out!

This happened right before Christmas. I was working and Tres was watching a video in his room at the shop. I could see his sitting on his little Elmo couch. When the clock hit 5, I went to rounding up all of our stuff, and headed into his room. When I got to the door way, I stopped in my tracks. Tres was sprawled out on his couch (and I mean legs wide open), without his diaper on. He looked up at me and said, "Hey Mom." Then he paused a minute, looked down and said, "That's my ding dong." Just like that. Very matter-of-fact. I burst out laughing. Who could have helped it! In between gasping breaths, I put his diaper back on and tried to explain that Mommy needed to be the one that took diapers off. He was giggling because of my reaction. Hank and I have NO IDEA where he picked up the phrase 'ding dong.' I don't ever say that and neither does Hank. We are now in the beginning stages of potty training. We have a little potty that sits next to the big one and Tres sits on it before baths and sporadically at other times. He has yet to accomplish his goal, but it's a start!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home