Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Model of Motherhood

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Model of Motherhood

As I sit typing this, I hear my mother in the next room rocking Bryant to sleep. She's singing "You Are My Sunshine," just like she did when my siblings and I were little or sick or just needed our mommy. I learned most of what I know about motherhood from her! She shows me in countless ways each and every day unconditional love. She helps me with my kids, she helps chauffeur my family around, she cooks for us, she works for me... all very physical forms of love. But more importantly, she talks to me, listens to me, encourages me, prays for me and with me, and advises me whether I think I need it or not! She gives and gives of herself and of material things... so much so that you would think she would be give-out... but she never seems to deplete. Thank you, Mom. Thank you for the thousands of boo-boos that you kissed all better. Thank you for all the birthdays you made special. Thank you for raising us in the church and helping to instill morals and values that seem to be going the way of the dinosaur these days. Thank you for being the super model of motherhood. I love you, love you, love you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

Jamie, This is so awesome. You have got an awesomely amazing Mom, and I have an awesomely amazing friend in her as well. I love you, your Mom and your family and I want to thank you for saying these beautiful things about her. God is so good!!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home