Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Everyone Remembers That Moment

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Everyone Remembers That Moment

I'm sitting here, in my nice cool home. My beautiful kids are sleeping peacefully, and my husband is enjoying a foot ball game. And I'm remembering... How 3 years ago, our nation was attacked. It's so easy to forget about all the hurt... the destruction, heartache, and slow painful rebuilding process. God help us not to forget. Show us your mercy. Remind us daily of our freedom in the country. But more importantly, remind us of our freedom to worship you! God grant peace to those wounded physically, emotionally, and spiritually by 9-11. God grant courage to move forward every day. God grant wisdom to leaders. And most importantly, grant love to heal all hurts. Amen.
This time 3 years ago, was a different life for me. I remember that morning Hank woke me up and told me what had happened. Since we were both working at the local ABC affiliate, we were being paged to come into work at the same time we were learning about it. I remember having to sit and watch unedited video of people jumping from building, crying for mercy, and dying. All I could do was cry and pray for a quick end to such a horrific time. I believe that was a turning point for me. A heart long turned from God, slowly turned back to Him. So I remember, and I'm thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home