Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Babies, Ballgames, and the ER

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, October 24, 2005

Babies, Ballgames, and the ER

So much to tell you guys about!! First of all, Matt and Kayla welcomed Tyler to the world on Saturday at 1:32 pm. It was so emotional to see my little brother become a daddy! He's even changing diapers! I'm so proud! Tyler is a cutie!! Lots of dark hair, and he looks a lot like Matt to me... of course it's hard to tell right away. They had him at St. Vincents.
I was going to go to the game with Hankie, but once we heard that Tyler was on the way, I stayed behind. Hank's grandmother, Grammy Boemer came with his parents. And while Hank and the Boemers went to the game, Grammy hung out with us at the hospital for about half the day! She's a trooper and such a sweetie! I really enjoyed talking to her. She told me how she met her husband, and traveling with him, and having 5 kids, and all kinds of family history! After we got home, Grammy went to rest and the boys and I went to Wal-Mart. I got Bryant a haircut and now he won't be called a 'she' anymore!
Thank God the Tide rolled on to victory, or it would have been a very sad bunch at my house on Saturday!
Sunday morning, we got up and went to Cracker Barrel. The boys loved it! Bryant seriously downed 2 pints of chocolate milk! Then we said good-bye to the Boemers as they headed home to Nashville.
Then my little family headed to the hospital. I didn't get to really see my nephew the day before. With all the excitement, the boys missed their naps and were a little hard to handle, so I just got to peek at him. We got to spend about 30 minutes with Matt & Kayla while Tyler was in the nursery getting his hearing checked. Then Kayla's family came and some of Matt's friends. So I held Tyler for about 5 minutes, then Matt pryed him out of my arms (just kidding, I laid him down!), and we took the boys to see the fountain.
We got home and got the boys down for a nap, and Hankie had to go in to work. After the boys and I woke up, I was getting some food ready when all of a sudden, I hear a blood curdling cry. I raced into Tres's room to see Bryant with blood streaming down his little face. Tres started crying and I panicked! I was rushing aroung throwing clothes on them and me, and Bryant started laughing at me... so I started calming down. After 10 minutes, the bleeding slowed down for me to really see the cut. It wasn't very long but looked deep, and he was acting like nothing was wrong. I consulted my across the street neighbor cause I didn't want to overreact. She works in a doctors office, so I thought she might know a little more than I would. She told me it looked like he would maybe need a stitch. So she offered to watch Tres while I took Bryant to the ER. Hank met me there briefly on his diner break. Then it was just me and Bryant. They eventually glued it shut with Dermabond and sent us on our way. Poor Bryant, it took 3 of us to hold him down for the doctor to do his work. And he kept saying "Owwweeeeee!!!" I started crying! It is so hard to see your child in pain! But all is well. He looks like a tough little munchkin now!! I'll take a picture tonight and show you guys tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home