Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: The Chubby One...

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, April 22, 2005

The Chubby One...

Okay... I know you all may not believe me, but I have waited until the last possible minute to freak out about our promotional pictures! Our group, 'el, is having a phot session to take a whole bunch of pictures for our website (I will post the web address later... right now nothing much to see!), for posters for upcoming events, etc. Here I am standing next to some pretty amazingly skinny ladies! And I am undoubtably going to be known as the chubby one. So I have to make some SERIOUS lifestyle adjustments. It starts right here... right now... this very minute. Here are the changes I am starting with:

1- Water only-- NO SODA
2- Extremely limited bread intake
3- 20 minutes of exercize at least 3 days a week (I would like to say more, but I'm trying to be realistic and do things time and my lifestyle will allow)
4- Avoid Desserts!!
5- Eat more salads

Now, I may not be perfect at following these rules, but I am going to try to be! Thank you God for willpower. I am not looking for a miracle weight loss plan. I need a lifestyle change. I want to teach my kids good habits like fruit and veggies. Thank you God for helping me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

I'm such a blog freak! I just spent the last 20 minutes reading your blog.

About the diet thing... staci is using the diet center cookbook and I have ordered it. Hopefully it will work. Onto the excersize part... First Baptist in Alabaster has classes throughout the week... some morning and some evening. I was doing it with some friends but dropped out. You might wanna check into that option.

For mother's day you can give her a picture of you boys in a nice frame.

1:40 PM  
Blogger prftpeace said...

How many times have you heard, "Never compare yourself to others...."??? I am so guilty of this and I lived in misery most of my life because of it. I once bowled on a league with 3 other girls as skinny as these three and I named our team the "Thick and Thins". I was so envious of them... why do we compare ourselves to skinny people instead of comparing ourselves to people that are much heavier?

I realize that you may have been kidding around when you posted this, but have we cursed ourselves by voicing these words?

"the power of live and death are in the tongue".....

Sorry....I've just listened to John Hagee preach on Curses and Blessings--their cause and cure and realize that I have problably cursed my own self into being overweight. And the Bible says, "call those things which be not as though they are" This means we can call ourselves thin....and at our ideal weight.

I said "sorry" earlier because I don't mean to preach...I only mean to give you benefit of my experiences.....that maybe you can feel better about yourself than I ever did and therefore enjoy your life more. (we shouldn't compare ourselves to the heavier people either....I was just posing the question wondering why we tend to condemn ourselves because we aren't as skinny as the person beside us and why we don't compare ourselves to heavier people)

So...forgive me if I've offended you...that wasn't my intention. And I guess I'm saying this as much to myself as I am to you as on occasion I am still guilty of it. It steals my joy and I can't enjoy what I'm doing.

On a more positive note....it did propel you into action to change what you don't like instead of getting depressed and hopeless and running to food like I used to do.

Deb Acton

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home