Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Love Languages

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Love Languages

When Hank and I got married, Pastor Danny asked us to buy the book "The Five Love Languages." This was to help us understand how the other expressed love. I think I need to re-read it! I know that Hank expresses his love primarily with his actions (acts of service)... like washing my car, cleaning the kitchen, etc. And I know that I express my love with physical touch. But sometimes I have a hard time understanding why, if we recognize what the other's primary love language is... why we don't respond in theirs? I know I am at fault here. I get so caught up in trying to keep everything in order, that I tend to overlook when Hank IS trying to "speak" my love language. I'm going to re-read this book (now that we have some years of marriage under our belts) and really apply what I learn. I don't ever want to stop working on my marriage. I only want it to grow stronger, deeper, richer, and more fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandee said...

My Sunday school class is working on this book right now. I have read it before, but I'm glad to be getting a refresher on it! Good luck!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

This is the 3rd time this book has come up in my life in two weeks. I guess Its time for me to read it again as well!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home